For the time being, I'm ignoring that I've not posted in nearly a year. A lot has happened and maybe someday I'll have my shit enough together that I can concurrently write my nonsense and work.
It's always a pleasure at 6:15am, awaking to the sounds of "HUURURRRRCK!! CCHCH! AACH!" emanating from beneath the bed, accompanied by the stench of barf that can only come from an exclusively wet-stinky-food diet. I have asserted my superiority over The Barf by discovering the secret to removing the stain and smell from (at least our) light rug.
- Remove extra barf with paper towel. Be brave, and hold your breath.
- Dump on Bio-Kleen Bac-out. Be liberal, dump away. Think of the stink. Think of the children.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 tbps oxygen bleach in about 3 cups of HOT water.
- Bust out your favorite microfiber cloth (maybe a sponge or other rag would work, but why don't you have microfiber?) and dip in the oxygen bleach and water mixture.
- Approach the barf. Don't let it see you coming, for you will lose the element of surprise.
- Dip, wipe, dip, wipe. Make sure it gets a little damp, or the oxygen bleach can't do magic for you.
- Watch barf disappear in short order. Commence victory dance.
This technique also works on days-old barf stains. Because sometimes other techniques don't work as well. Or you got distracted mid-cleanup by shiny things and the internet. Use this method and love your cat (and rug) more.